Digital Disruption: 6 Big Bets that should be on the CIO’s Agenda
Agility, innovation, surprising technologies; some legacy companies seem to struggle with the aspects of digital transformation. How can a company – specifically a legacy company – keep up with competitors and new disruptive players? KPMG defined six key initiatives or ‘big bets’ that CIOs need to consider to make sure their organizations will stay ahead and become disruptive themselves.
1. Journey to the Cloud. Low-cost and on-demand service: cloud has a lot of impact and it provides the foundation for other technologies and their ability to disrupt.
2. Digital Labor. Available and cheap computing possibilities combined with machine intelligence results in innovations around Robot Process Automation (RPA) and Cognitive Automation (CA). The impact of Digital Labor could be enormous.
3. Omnichannel Customer Experience. More than ever consumers are deciding how they want to interact with companies. Businesses have to create excellent customer experience across all channels and touchpoints.
4. Internet of Services (IoS). According to Cisco, by 2020 over 50 billion devices will be connected to the Internet. Services that can measure, organize and interpret the data coming out of those devices, will improve customer experience, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
5. Continuous Delivery. To keep up with the pace of change the IT function must radically change the way it creates and delivers value, productively innovate operational processes. Moreover, those changes need to happen quickly, with high quality and reduced risks.
6. Next-Generation Operating model. to meet demands IT needs an operating model that builds capabilities to multi-source, integrate, deliver, and manage services to respond to new challenges.
These bets ask for significant focus and commitment and a core foundation within IT. To successfully implement them, they need to be well prioritized, well timed and continuously evaluated in terms of their relevancy. Download the KPMG whitepaper to find out more about these six bets and the ways to approach them.