Why is this Year’s Gartner Symposium/ITxpo so Important?
Why is anticipation so high for this year’s Gartner Symposium/ITxpo?
It’s because this is a transformation year. That’s according to global head of research at Gartner, Peter Sondergaard, who recently took part in a Facebook Live session to discuss the importance of the upcoming event.
Since 2012, Gartner have been predicting that a Nexus of Forces would converge, fundamentally altering the nature of all businesses and creating a wave of digital transformation. That moment has now arrived, with Cloud computing allowing businesses to create powerful platforms, while new technologies such as social media, mobile, wearables and the Internet of Things have changed the nature of customer interaction. We can already see the impact, says Sondergaard, from the effect of Tesla on the automobile industry to the growth of blockchain within the financial industry.
In his Facebook Live chat, Sondergaard talks about how this will be discussed at the Symposium, such as:
- How are businesses adapting to markets based on digital products?
- What’s the best way to put together multidisciplinary teams?
- Why does the middle management layer need to grow to meet new demand?
- Who are DevOps and why are they essential?
- Can businesses rely on vendors for solutions or is it time to return to a “builder culture”?
These are vital questions to ask in what is a crunch year for every business. Watch the full video here.